Campus Ministries is tied into every aspect of the University. Our Christian mission is a vibrant thread that pulls us together as a community. In Campus Ministries, we focus on loving Christ and serving Him. No matter what denomination you are, you'll feel welcome.
国内十大彩票平台 Campus Ministries
The role of campus ministries is to come alongside students, faculty and staff to assist them in the work of integrating faith and learning. It's our mission to provide pastoral care, plan chapel services, coordinate small groups and connect students with service opportunities to help USF be faithful to its calling.
Culture for Service
The traditional motto of the University is Culture for Service. We seek to foster academic excellence and the development of mature Christian persons for service to God and humankind in the world. Our students have lived out our Culture for Service motto by serving regularly at the following places:
- Local food services such as The Banquet
- Public elementary and middle school mentoring
- 南达科塔州 State Penitentiary
USF offers numerous on-campus opportunities for students to grow in their faith and fellowship together:
- Prayer and biblical discussions integrated into classrooms
- Chapel-10一.m. Tuesdays and student-led worship Thursdays at 9 p.m. 欢迎大家来.
- Residence Hall Bible Studies
- Worship Team and Service Teams
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Intervarsity Christian Fellowship
- Cougar Catholics meet regularly on campus and at nearby Christ the King Parish
除了, our students have contacts with parachurch organizations in the region, such as Young Life
Our Dean of Chapel Dennis Thum has been at the University of Sioux Falls for more than 30 years. Since graduating from Crown College and Sioux Falls Seminary, he has served as a pastor, military chaplain, prison chaplain and hospital chaplain. Dennis' vision of USF is that we become a community of grace that builds disciples and equips them for service.
The Campus Ministries Office is located in the McDonald Center and Chapel is held in Z-Hall, located in the Salsbury Science Center.